Sunday, July 24, 2011


Well today some girls, Clark, and I went to the London Temple and did baptisms. What a great experience. We took a train ride and then a cab ride with a very funny man and when we finally made it to the temple we had a lovely time admiring the temple grounds. I met a very interesting girl from Italy in the waiting room. We talked about Italy, missions, and life in America. It was hard to communicate seeing as she didn’t speak much English, and I don’t speak Italian but we made it work. We had to wait a little bit so the Temple worker came in and suggested that we sing hymns to pass the time. Of course we jumped at the opportunity to do this. It was a wonderful experience to sing hymns in the temple with people from all around the world. Music really does unite people in ways speaking never can.

After baptisms, and walking the temple grounds again, we headed on the trek back to the Center. We spent most of the rest of the day walking around London. My favorite thing to do. Exploring little streets and stores will never get old or boring. We then went to the Opera house and saw the ballet Swan Lake. Of course that was amazing!! I loved it. Somehow the girls really, looked like beautiful, graceful swans. I was amazed. I still wish I was a dancer. That is something I would give anything to do. But alas I am not graceful and I have no talent in that area. Oh well. I guess I should count my blessings. At least I can enjoy ballets like this… in LONDON!

No comments:

Post a Comment

madisonbrielle@gmail.com