Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally Here

Well, after many restless hours on an airplane, I am finally here. Hello London, nice to see you again! The plane rides were fine. I read Northanger Abbey most of the way and was thoroughly entertained. Maybe I enjoyed it because I connect with the main character, Catherine’s personality so much. Or maybe I just like the way Jane Austen portrays a young girl and her excitement over her crush so well. It could also be the fact that a lot of the story is set in Bath and London is discussed many times. So I think I felt more connected to the book seeing as I would soon be there as well. But I probably loved it so much just because it betrays such real life situations. Everything in it is realistic and I feel as though I have been through similar circumstances. Anyway, all in all everything worked out good. All of the walking and bending my knee in the airplane was a bit tough on my knee, but I’m alive! :) I have unpacked and met some of the girls and they all seem great. I just got back from a little walk around the streets where I will be living. I bought some groceries for the weekend and people watched as I limped down the street eating my apple. I am perfectly happy.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray hurray!!! I'm so, so excited for you! Also jealous. This blog is going to be awesome, and I want you to write on it every day so I can live your experience with you. Also - can't wait to join you!!!! p.s. you're an awesome writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh! I love this blog! Love the format. Love the colors. Love the writing. Love the idea. Love the author! I'm so excited to read all about your adventures. Make sure you post as often as you can. You'll be so happy you did. I wish I had done something like this while I was in London. Love you!! Hud sends a slobbery kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie- how do you say "welcome to London" in English?
    You are going to have such a great time. Just signing off with "Cheerio" makes me want to go eat some.
    we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could be with your mom to visit you. The addiction is in me too and I would love to be there! Hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete

madisonbrielle@gmail.com