Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It did not appear to her that life could supply any greater felicity.

Ok I was just kidding. I am going to be writing everyday. Well hopefully. Too much happens everyday that I have too in order to keep up with my life.

Boy oh boy do I have a lot to say! First lets start out with Monday, our first day of class! All I can say about my classes here is holy cow! There are going to be some rough moments! Haha. After the first day we had so much homework I didn’t know what to do! I mean it’s doable of course, but I would just have to coop myself up in the centre and never leave. Which of course, I chose to go out and play and leave my homework for another day. :) Come on, I’m in London! I’m not going stay inside and study all day! But I felt the effects the next day of course when my load became even worse. So I learned my lesson. Studies come first. (most of the time) Oh well. I shall manage.

After classes on Monday I went to lunch to a place called Giraffes with a bunch of girls. It was a very fun and delicious place! We shopped a bit after and then went to the National Portrait Gallery to do some of our assignments. We had to observe the sketch of Jane Austen, compare it to another and write a paper on our thoughts on it. Monday night we had a fireside by a man from London who lived through the Blitz. His story was amazing and inspiring! It was very interesting and I learned a lot from him and his first hand account of life in that time.




Tuesday, (today) was a little better school-wise. We were all more familiar with what was going on and we could really start getting settled into our classes. The first day is always syllabus related and such. Some girls and I explored the streets for a few hours after lunch. I made quite a few wonderful discoveries that will be quite useful to me while I am here such as the shopping center right around the corner, the big grocery store, the school supply store, the post office, a gelato stand, wonderful little food and trinket stores, and much more. I walked and walked until I knew I had procrastinated enough and should head home to start on the pile of homework.

Trafalgar Square

2 comments:

  1. I just saw all these posts! For some reason it didn't tell me you had updated your blog on my blog list. Weird. BUT, awesome, awesome, awesome pictures and stories, babe! Looks like a fun group of girls. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard about this fun blog you're doing! Such a cute blog name too. Your London adventures look dreamy! Have the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete

madisonbrielle@gmail.com