Sunday, June 27, 2010

S.U.N.D.A.Y.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single woman in possession of a good fortune,... must be in need of adventure.
Well I am sure getting it! Sundays are wonderful! :) Sundays are relaxing and spiritual. Today we went on a lovely walk through Hyde Park to get to the church building. We attended the Hyde Park ward, which was delightful. Church was uplifting as always. It is fun to hear the British accents. It amazes me how diverse London is. There are so many different ethnicities here. It seems that British people are a minority here. The speakers at church were from all over the place! Africa, America, New Zealand, and India... the list goes on.

In Sunday school the speaker spoke to us about being the best at whatever we choose to be in life. I’m not positive where I’m going yet, but what he said really inspired me. Whatever it is I end up doing, I want to be able to say that I did my very best at getting there and that I continue to do my best each day. No regrets. I don’t ever want to look back and wish I had worked harder at something. But on the other hand, I know I may sometimes may judge myself too harshly and think how I didn’t do good enough even though I truly did try my hardest. That is something to also think about and work on.

The rest of the evening was grand. A man came and spoke to us about the history of the Mormon missionaries in England. It was inspiring and wonderful to hear about the wonderful men who sacrificed to spread the gospel to and through the British Isles. He was a convert himself and his stories were fantastic.

Ok Last but not least I have wonderful news! After the fireside a couple of girls and I got on a bus and headed over to Hyde Park. Why? because we heard rumors that there was a paul MaCartney concert going on. Granted the tickets were pricey and it was a Sunday so we had not purchased any but we got to the park and the concert was sure enough still going on! So we could hear it from outside the big walls that had been put up in the park. But we got lucky... They opened up the gates so people could start leaving and for the last 5 songs we could see the stage and see mr McCartney himself singing his little heart out! It was amazing!!! I never imagined I would be able to hear him live! Definitely something to remember. Maybe its just because I love the beatles so much, but I was ecstatic for the rest of the night.


3 comments:

  1. So, so, so, so, so, so, so AWESOME!!!! I love that you're having such great adventures, my darling! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you are gorgeous and I love all the pictures! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so ssooooo jealous of you! Sounds like you are having the best time, can't wait to see you in the fall and hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

madisonbrielle@gmail.com