Sunday, July 4, 2010

Count your many blessings

What a wonderful day today was! We got assigned a ward last Monday so today we were able to attend that ward for the first time. Our ward is about 45 minutes away in a town called Wandsworth Commons. It is a small ward with a very diverse congregation. Our Bishop was originally from Ghana and has 2 young boys. He was so sweet and welcoming to all of us. (Us as in: Me, Jacqui Bird, Laura Clayton, Hillary Laga, Lindsey Markham, and Megan Mathis)

I got my calling today too! Guess who's teaching and playing piano for Primary? Yep! Me! I am so unbelievably happy! This is going to be such an amazing couple of weeks here in the Wandsworth Commons ward. I have already learned so much from the people here. The 5 other girls and I were asked to bare our testimonies in sacrament meeting. I am so grateful for the opportunity I was given to express my love and gratitude for my Savior.

It is always such a pleasure to attend a ward in a different country. It is a very humbling experience. The people are so kind and have such a wonderful testimony. Their faith is strong and their devotion is inspiring.

I am so thankful for the next couple of weeks I will be able to spend with these remarkable brothers and sisters. I hope I can do my best and serve to the best of my ability. The Primary kids and I will have a blast, I can assure you! :)

Ps. Happy 4th of July! We didn't do much here so the Holiday kind of slipped my mind. Oops.

Oh I almost forgot! I took my stitches out today! Hurray! No more stitches for me! Hopefully ever! But lets be realistic here, this is me we're talking about. I am bound to get hurt again sooner or later.

Lindsey Brown was a life saver and took them out for me. Thank you Lindsey! You're the best! And thank you Hannah Cole and Jessica Glover for watching and supporting! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

madisonbrielle@gmail.com