Thursday, July 8, 2010


School, School, School.

Yup. That's what I did today.

But guess what I did tonight?

You'll never guess so I will tell you.

I went to St. Paul’s Cathedral and heard the London Symphony Orchestra play Beethoven’s 9th Symphony.

Oh my goodness. It was sooo Beautiful! How can I portray it into words so that you will understand? I'm not sure if I can. One thing I can say about it is that the combination of sitting in one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world and listening to one of the most beautiful pieces of music go well together.

Lots went on inside my head during this concert. It’s kind of hard to explain. I'll just copy what I wrote in my journal during the concert onto my blog.

“Right now I'm sitting in St. Paul’s cathedral listening to Beethoven's 9th Symphony. Everything about this moment is breathtaking. All I can think about is how grateful I am to be here. We are so lucky to have such breathtaking music, architecture, and artwork in this world. I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the beauty God has given us to enjoy on this earth. I once again am reminded how Lucky I am. Not only because I am sitting in St. Pauls right now, but also because of the fact that I am sitting here listening to the London Symphony Orchestra! It is unbelievable.

I am so thankful to be here. I have been so blessed. It’s been a long journey but I am so happy to say I did it! I am in London fulfilling one of my dreams.

For some reason the music is having a really big effect on me. I started to think back on the last 6 months or so of my life when I had an overwhelming wave of emotions come over me. So much has happened. Good and bad. After 2 tears had fallen I realized I needed to get a hold of myself. I’m laughing at myself now, of course, but it really was good to take a step back and look at my life. I’m grateful for the lessons and trials I have learned this past year. What I’m experiencing right now is hard to explain, but I don’t ever want to forget this moment. It has left a big impression on me and I think I will be changed forever because of it."

Anyways, I know that was kind of intense but it really was intense so I’m not going to apologize. Haha

Basically, I had the best night ever! At least the concert part was the best. After Emily, Lindsey, and I got lost in a very shady part of London. We thought we knew where we were going, but we soon found out that we didn’t. It was kind of funny though. After we walked past 12 million bars, we found our way back and I am sitting in my bed still dwelling on my experience in St Pauls today.





No comments:

Post a Comment

madisonbrielle@gmail.com