Tuesday, July 13, 2010

France Trip: day 2




So guess what I got to see today?

CHARTES CATHEDRAL


I’ve studied this particular cathedral in school so I was very excited to see it. It is famous for its Gothic and Romanesque spires but also for its unique and precious stained glass collection. Absolutely wonderful. The town of Chartes is adorable as well. We were lucky enough to have a tour through the cathedral by a man who is known for reading stained glass windows. We were told he is one of the best and by the hour I got to spend listening to him, I think they might be right. Chartes is really a beautiful cathedral with so many different, wonderful features.

We decided last minute to go to Versailles. I saw it when I was very young so I was happy to be able to go again and enjoy the amazing rooms and gardens. I can’t even imagine having gardens like that. I would never be in the house! I would explore all day, everyday. It is so beautiful. And sheesh! The house is incredible. I enjoyed looking at the amazing artwork and architecture but it’s always hard to forget how much the people suffered because of the building of this palace. It really is a breathtaking site though. King Louis XIV lived a very lavish life.





We had the rest of the day to explore Paris! I went to the Musee D’Orsay and then to a little cook shop called Dehillerin a friend told me about. Loved it. I got the cutest thing that cooks cupcakes in the shape of sunflowers. Adorable. I can’t wait to go home and cook with it! J That is one thing I miss… Cooking. Anyways ha back to the point... We then got some dinner and walked down the Champs Elysees and then up the Arc De Triomphe. We sat at the top and watched the sun set while taking fun pictures and making fun memories. It is definitely a night to remember. In fact, the whole day is a day to remember.







We Love...


1 comment:

madisonbrielle@gmail.com