Monday, July 12, 2010

*I Found My Heart In Paris*

I can't believe it. I felt like our trip to France was so far away and then all of the sudden I had to pack. I don't know where the time is going.

Well this morning we departed for FRANCE!!


We left on the bus and arrived in Dover to catch our ferry. I got seasick. Dumb right? I never get seasick! I felt so strange for the whole hour or so ride. But it was still fun. We explored the whole Ferry and had some fun times. Maybe running around the ferry has something to do with me being nauseous? haha.



On the way to Paris we stopped at 2 WWI memorial sites. The first one was Vimy Ridge memorial. These trenches were amazing to see. It is a tribute to all of the Canadians who gave their life in the war. The space between the Canadian and German trenches was so close. I didn’t realize it until I noticed you could hear people talking in the German trenches while standing in the Canadian.


The next place we visited was the site where the Armistice was signed. I would go into detail on these sites but its complicated so I’ll leave it to the History books. It’s hard for me to study about war. Even though I find it very interesting, studying it so deeply really affects me. Observing the tragedies and horrors so closely really gives you a different aspect on life in general. I love to see and study the memorials and war sites because I think it’s important for everyone to understand how tragic WWI really was.


More on WWI later.

It’s time for

PARIS!!!


Why do I love Paris so much? Paris has a special place in my heart and I am always so giddy to be there. I am like a 5-year-old girl opening up her first doll on Christmas morning. The moment I put my bags in my room I was running out the door. We of course went straight to the Eiffel Tower. Oh So many memories were brought back. I love the Eiffel Tower so much. It is so picturesque. It funny to think it was only built for the fair and everybody hated it and wanted it to be taken down. Now the Eiffel Tower is one of the most famous sites in the world. And I love it! We got some yummy nutella and banana crepes and ate them while sitting on a wall gazing up at the Eiffel Tower. Sometimes life just can’t get much better. After soaking it all in, we decided to go on a boat tour on the Siene. I can’t believe I had never done this before. It was so much fun! And it was so beautiful to see the whole city at night. Paris really is so romantic. I know, I know… So cheesy right? Haha. We were all swooning a bit as we passed the millions of couples. I just have to say once again, I LOVE PARIS and always will.



No comments:

Post a Comment

madisonbrielle@gmail.com