Thursday, July 1, 2010

V&A

Queen Victoria: “I am young, but I am willing to learn, and I mean to devote my life to the service of my country and my people. I look for your help in this. I know I shall not be disappointed. Thank you. “

I watched the movie Young Victoria last night and I must say I absolutely loved it! Funny coincident of the week: I had to go to the Victoria and Albert Museum for my Jane Austen class the next morning (today). We had to go observe paintings and write 2 papers. Although the museum has nothing really to do with Victoria and Albert personally, I was still excited to go because I fell in love with their love story the night before. I am a hopeless romantic sometimes. But I don’t consider that a bad thing, do you?

Can I just say that I LOVE the V&A? I could live there! I spent 3 hours there today and I didn’t even get through the whole thing. Granted I spent a long time in the Jewelry room. I also spent a good amount of time “designing my own ring.” They have this awesome little touch screen in the Jewel room where you can design different rings. Color, shape, size, design, jewels, it even has inscriptions you can put on it! It was so entertaining and kept us busy for a while! Emily, Jessica, Lauren, and I each made a ring. I of course couldn’t help but to make the most ugly ring possible, just so I could laugh. My ring had a thick purple band with a skull that had red jewels in its eyes and yellow gems on the side. Many more ugly details were included but you get the idea. It was hideous! I got a good laugh out of it. We, of course, also made dream wedding rings. What typical girls we are.

I got great amusement from wandering through the rooms that have the reproductions of famous sculptures and paintings! They have a copy of (and they are all life size) The David and Moses by Michelangelo and also Donatello’s David and St. George. They have Florence’s famous Baptistery doors and also The School of Athens by Raphael. Needless to say, I was overjoyed even though they were just remakes of the real things.

I plan on going back as soon as I can to explore the rest of the museum. I can’t wait.






No comments:

Post a Comment

madisonbrielle@gmail.com