Monday, July 5, 2010

Museums, Museums, Museums.

Monday: Spent all day in the British Museum. I am sorry to say but Fred Astaire lied. A foggy day in London does not make the British Museum loose its charm. Not in the least. Maybe I shouldn't blame Fred. He didn't write the song. He just recorded it first. I'll just do some talking to George Gershwin. Anyways I went to the British museum to wander while also choosing something to write a paper on. It's amazing how much time you can spend in a museum!

Had to add this since its what everyone wants to see. :)

These are the 3 sculptures I choose to write on.

I found a ring the last time I was here (about 2 years ago) and I know its incredibly cheesy, but I think the inscription is so cute. (number 32)


Tuesday: Wait, didn't I spend the whole day yesterday in a museum? haha Oh well. Today I went to the National Gallery first thing after class. We have to observe some Landscape paintings here and compare them with some other landscape paintings and apply them to the Picturesque Landscape idea in a paper. I was there for a long time. I got carried away looking at the other paintings for an hour or so. After we headed over to the Transportation Museum. We had to go to this museum and write a paper on transportation in the early 19 century. This museum was interesting but it didn't give us any information for our paper. haha Oh well. We told the teacher that there was nothing on transportation before 1830 there when we got home, so she decided to change the prompt for the paper to something else. haha. Oh well, it was still interesting to learn how the Underground was made and I had fun looking at the carriages and buses.



No comments:

Post a Comment

madisonbrielle@gmail.com